Thursday, July 05, 2007

My long distance doggie friend Katy posted this on her blog, she found it on this awesome blog by Nanook and Pooka and I just had to join in! Us shelties can't be left out!!

1. Your age?
3 years, 2 months and 2 days. I was born on May 2, 2004.
2. Your age when came to live with your people?
I was an 8 week old ball of fluff that was so small they couldn't find a collar that wouldn't slip over my head.

3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now?
Red leather, with my Cougar Pooch and Canine Good Citizen tags.
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with?
That would be my Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop, they live on a farm so I get to play outside with my Uncle Diesel and my cousin Bubba. Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop spoil me, they feed me bread and if I look especially cute I might be able to snag cookies, cheese or other goodies. Last time I visited Mom- Mom gave me ice cream! After my grandparents its the people at Dogwood Acres, they are so fun when I go to doggie daycare!
5. How much do you weigh?
According to my vet, 27. 6 pounds.
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up?
Hmm... wasn't much of a chewer. I did chew up a pair of Mom's underwear and I destroyed the laces on Dad's work shoes the first time he came to spend the night at our place (it was a test to see just how much he loved my Mommy).
7. Do you like other Dogs?
I do! Especially if they like to play chase, I love to herd. And I act as a referee when there are wrestling matches at the doggie park.
8. Who is your best non-human friend?
That would be Bangs, he's an Icelandic Sheepdog. He's great fun, we play chase in the grassy area by the condos and play fetch together at the dog park. He's way cool.
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls?
Tennis Balls! I LOVE to chase balls, if I see one I must grab it. MUST grab it. Get it! Get it! Oh sorry, got carried away. Squeaky toys are fun for tugging but I love chasing balls and shoving them around with my nose.
10. Do you like to be brushed?
Having a fluffy coat like I do means lots of brushing and furmination. I also need the hair on my feets trimmed because I get these funny tufts of hair between my toes. Do I like it? Meh. The brushing is alright so long as it doesn't last too long and the trims are pretty good cause I get a belly rub when I'm done.
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese?
Oh dear, do I have to choose? If forced to make a decision I'd have to go with cheese... Mmmm cheesy bites of goodness....
12. Do your people cut your toenails?
Yup! My Mom does it at least once a month. I've even had my nails dremeled? Mr.Sam who has a sheltie named Darby filed my nails once with his dremel tool. It tickled and I kept wiggling my foot but I did have some spiffy looking nails afterwards!!
13. Any formal education?
I'm an honor student at Greenbelt Dog Training, finished first in my class :o) I've even earned two formal obedience titles from the AKC- Canine Good Citizen and Rally Novice.
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny?
After a day at Dogwood Acres I'm a total couch potato but let me see a cat cat cat, show me a ball or take me to the doggie park and its time to PLAY! When I get super excited I herd furniture and chase my tail.
15. Five nicknames your people call you.
Stinkus, Stinks, Baby Dog, Steamy, MeMe
16. What is your best trick?
My best trick? Well I just learned how to roll over on command and I am working on mastering the shake. My neatest trick is stealing the kitty food from on top of the table when the parentals leave me at home (evil sheltie grin)
17. Do you like kitties?
Yes, but not cat cat cats. You see Maddie is a kitty, she's my sister and we have great fun wrestling and tormenting each other in general. Cat cat cats live outside in out parking lot and must be chased whenver spotted.
18. What did you have for breakfast?
1/4 cup of Nutro Chicken and Oatmeal dry, 1/4 cup Nutro Dental Care dry and some frozen green beans and carrots.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? If so, what?
I stalk birds and my Pop-Pop wants to take me goose hunting to see if I'll retrieve one. But I must admit I am more of a herder than a hunter.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.?
June 11th I went to the vet to have my teeth cleaned, they don't call me Stinkus for nothing! My breath was kickin'! I was pronounced a healthy pup and sent home with prescription toothpaste.
21. Where do you sleep at night?
Depends on several factors- Is it REALLY hot? Then I sleep in the bathroom wedged up against the toilet where its nice n cool. Most days I sleep on my bed that is on the floor by the foot of Mom and Dad's bed that is unless Maddie steals my bed in which case I go and sleep on the floor on Mom's side of the bed.
22. Do you like to swim?
I do! I do! I'm a wader. But if its hot and I'm all excited I've been known to jump off of breakers to take a dip. If Mom paddles away on her kayak without me I will follow her out into the water. And once I did a somersault into the deep end of my Aunt Marcy and Uncle Jeff's pool trying to herd my cousins...
23. Can you make puppies?
Nope! This bachelor plans on being child free so he can travel the world!
24. Your favorite place to visit?
Let's see- there's my Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop's cause there are always tons of fun adventures for me on the farm, Dogwood Acres cause its always a party and my daycare friends are AWESOME and the doggie park/beach because I can run wild and bark!
25. Do you give kisses?
When I'm in the mood I do, but I'm always in the mood to lick your feet when you get out of the shower...

No comments: